You are invited to celebrate Canada’s 150th Anniversary with the Riding Mountain Biosphere Reserve! Participate in a yearlong activity highlighting the people, places, cultural locations and festivals of the Riding Mountain Biosphere Reserve, which includes Riding Mountain National Park as its core protected area and the 12 municipalities that surround the Park. Each time you visit one of the highlighted “Reasons” take a “selfie” and submit it to the Riding Mountain Biosphere Reserve to be entered into our monthly prize draws. At the end of 2017, one lucky participant will win our “150 Reasons” grand prize!
FEBRUARY’S FEATURED REASONS TO VISIT RIDING MOUNTAIN BIOSPHERE RESERVE
FEBRUARY 10 – 12 Winter Adventure Weekend Riding Mountain National Park
Get out and enjoy the first Canada 150 Celebration in the Riding Mountain Biosphere Reserve! Spend a wintery weekend in the Biosphere Reserve’s core protected area Riding Mountain National Park. Activities includes a heritage hockey game on fabulous Clear Lake with teams outfitted in 1930’s style hockey jerseys. Bring your crazy carpets and sleds and take part in a Toboggan Party and Winter Olympics at Amphitheatre Hill. Rent a fat bike or strap on your snowshoes and set out on the multiuse trails in the town site of Wasagaming. When you’re ready, stop in for a Beaver Tail treat. Need something more substantial drop in at the Friends of Riding Mountain Learning Centre for Hot Dogs or the Lake House for a Sothern Style BBQ.
FEBRUARY 17 – 20 Canada 150 Celebration at Asessippi Ski Area Asessippi Ski Area
Go winter! Go Canada! Join Asessippi Ski Area in celebrating Canada’s 150th birthday during February long weekend. Great activities are planned for anyone and everyone! Scavenger Hunt, Facepainting for kids, Maple Syrup roll ups, Beaver Bar on the deck, Kids Movies, and more. Join them in creating an illuminated human Canadian Flag! Get a glow stick or sparkler and join everyone and stand in the marked out shape of the Canada flag. A drone will then take a picture of the flag! After that have a piece of Canada’s 150th Birthday cake!
FEBRUARY 18 Bratsva Dinner & Dance Dauphin
Bratstva Studios is a not-for-profit company based in Dauphin whose mission is to teach, and share folk tradition and artistic expression through stage performance of Ukrainian Folk Dance. The Bratsva Ukrainian Dance Studio proudly presents their 6th Annual Dinner & Dance at the 8th Avenue Hall in Dauphin, on Saturday February 18th! Cocktails at 5:30, dinner at 6:30, with performance to follow! The evening will also feature a fun and lively dance, with the Crawdaddy’s!
FEBRUARY 18 Asessippi Homecoming Weekend Asessippi Provincial Park
So many great ways to Celebrate! Lots of fun for the whole family including fireworks and a Snowboarding Rails Wars competition.
FEBRUARY 18-19 Louis Riel Weekend Riding Mountain National Park
Join Friends as we celebrate the Louis Riel long weekend at the Friends of RMNP Learning Centre! Great activities for the whole family. Try your hand at bannock roasting or go for a pony ride for a real “winter travel” experience. Guided snowshoeing and survive outside programs will help you love the great outdoors in winter.
Louis Riel Weekend
FEBRUARY 17-20 Rossburn’s Louis Riel Snow Weekend Rossburn
Celebrate Louis Riel Weekend in Rossburn with hockey games, cribbage tournament, public skating, BBQ, Sleigh Rides and much more.
For more information click here
FEBRUARY 20 Neepawa Winter Wonderland Festival Neepawa
Join us at The Flats on Monday, February 20, 2017 – Louis Riel Day from Noon to 3:00 pm for a variety of activities! Fun for the whole family! Skate with the Neepawa Natives, Snow Angel Competition, Face Painting, Craft Workshop, Motion Zone, Toddle Obstacle Course, Cross Country Skiing Lessons, Sleigh Rides! Free Hot Chocolate, Hot Dogs & Cotton Candy!
FEBRUARY 20 Louis Riel Day at Fort Dauphin Dauphin
Celebrate Louis Riel Day with the folks at Fort Dauphin Museum. Learn about our regions Heritage, History & Culture
FEBRUARY 25 Lake of the Prairie’s Ice Fishing Derby Dauphin
Love Winter, Love to Fish – Get out and put a line in or just go for a look and get hooked on Ice Fishing!
Keep Checking Back to See March’s Highlighted Reasons to Visit Riding Mountain Biosphere Reserve
150 Reasons to Visit the Riding Mountain Biosphere Reserve in 2017
Selfie Contest Rules
- The 150 Reasons to Visit the Riding Mountain Biosphere Reserve monthly Selfie Contests (the “150 Reasons Selfie Contest”) will begin at 12:00 am Central Standard Time (CST) on the first day of each month and will end at 11:59 pm Central Standard Time (CST) on the last day of each month.
- All entries must be received before the 11:59 pm CST deadline on the last day of each month to be eligible to win.
- The 150 Reasons to Visit the Riding Mountain Biosphere Reserve Grand Prize Selfie Contest (the “150 Reasons Selfie Contest”) will begin at 12:00 am Central Standard Time (CST) on January 1st, 2017 and will end at 11:59 pm Central Standard Time (CST) on December 31st, 2017.
- All entries must be received before 11:59 pm CST on December 31st, 2017 to be eligible to win.
- “150 Reasons” Selfie Contest is open to everyone, including professional photographers
- Everyone who enters the “150 Reasons” Selfie Contest must “Like” the Riding Mountain Biosphere Reserve on Facebook
How to enter:
- By email: email@example.com
- On Facebook (@RMBiosphere) – please include #rmbr150 in your post
- Contestants may enter only one (1) “Selfie” per festival or event
- Contestants may enter up to one (1) “Selfie” per month for each year-round cultural attraction or geographic feature visited
- Images may be taken using any electronic device
- Every photo submitted must be a “true Selfie” and prominently feature the person submitting the photograph
- In addition to highlighting the person submitting the photo, each submission must also clearly highlight the festival, event, cultural attraction, geographic feature or activity
- Photos must be taken within the boundaries of the Riding Mountain Biosphere Reserve
- Photo files must be a minimum of 300 dpi, or 500 KB
- With each submission, include: Contestant’s name and identify whre the “Selfie” was taken.
Winner Selection and Notification
- Winners will be announced within 48 hours after the close of each monthly “150 Reasons” Selfie Contest
- Winners will be notified by email or Facebook, depending on how the submission was entered, and will be posted on the Riding Mountain Biosphere Reserve’s website and Facebook page
- Winners will be selected from all of the submissions received during the previous month
- Each monthly winner will also be eligible to win the year end grand prize, which will be drawn on January 1st, 2018.
Use of Submissions:
- By submitting your photo or image you are authorizing the Riding Mountain Biosphere Reserve to use your photo in any and all promotional material they see fit.
- All photos and images submitted become the property of Riding Mountain Biosphere Reserve which shall then have the right at any time to publicly display, publish or otherwise use any photo or image. This includes but is not limited to: Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest and other social media platforms, email marketing, website, print and promotional material and any other marketing material they so choose to showcase and use the winning photos.
- Persons submitting entries are responsible to ensure the consent of any person shown in the photo or image.
- We will use your personal contact information to administer the “150 Reasons” Selfie Contest, including contacting, announcing and promoting prizewinners.
- The “150 Reasons” Selfie Contest is run in compliance with Canadian Privacy Laws.
- The Riding Mountain Biosphere Reserve “150 Reasons” Selfie Contest committee, in their sole discretion, may prohibit any person from entering the Contest whom they believe is abusing the rules.
- Such abuse includes entering false information and submitting more times than is permitted under the “150 Reasons” Selfie Contest rules.
Indemnity: By participating in the “150 Reasons” Selfie Contest, you agree to defend, indemnify and hold harmless the Riding Mountain Biosphere Reserve, “150 Reasons” Selfie Contest partners and sponsors and each of their officers, directors, employees, advisors, assignees, agents, licensees, representatives, advertising, media buyers and promotional agencies from any and all damages, injuries, claims, causes of action, or losses of any kind (including but not limited to lawyers’ fees) arising out of or relating to your participation in the “150 Reasons” Selfie Contest; your receipt or use of any prize; your violation of any term of these “150 Reasons” Selfie Contest rules; your violation of any third party right, including without limitation any copyright, property, or privacy right; or any claim that your submission caused any type of damage to a third party.
150 Reasons Selfie Contest Rules